THE TOP TEN OILS
The top ten oils are some of dōTERRA’s most popularly used essential oils and come in most of the starter kits that dōTERRA has to offer.
These are an amazing option to start your oil journey for the health and wellness of yourself and that of your family’s. Even my own introduction to getting started with dōTERRA was with the Essential Collection Kit which has the smaller 5ml bottles of the top ten oils. For more information on each individual oil and their benefits, click on the videos below, made specifically by dōTERRA.
* Please note that some countries may have different names for individual oils e.g Tea Tree in Australia is Melaleuca in the US, Ice Blue is Deep Blue and Easy Air is Breathe.
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities. Try adding a drop or two with some Fractionated Coconut Oil and Epsom Salts for a pure bliss bath.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations. I use this for any of my boy’s insect bites and when they have a bit too much sun.
- Lavender is amazing for your laundry room. Add to your washing machine or onto a few dryer balls, to add that calming aroma to your clothes and linen.
- Burn yourself on the oven? A drop of Lavender onto the area will help soothe the skin.
- Need some ZZZ’S? Try a few drops onto your pillow before bed to create that dreamtime experience.
- Rub on muscle before and after a workout to soothe your muscles.
- Neck and shoulder tension from work? Massage a few drops of Ice Blue into your neck and shoulders to help ease muscle tension.
- Massage a few drops of Ice Blue onto your kiddie’s growing legs before bedtime.
- Do you get the dreaded muscle discomfort during your cycle? Try rubbing a few drops of Ice Blue into your lower abdomen.
- If you find yourself or a family member has joint discomfort, massage a few drops of Ice Blue into the area to create a cooling and soothing experience.
- To promote a good nights rest, diffuse 2-3 drops of Easy Air.
- Do you love to workout? Apply a few drops of Easy Air to your chest and neck to open up your airways.
- This oil is a favourite of mine, when combined with Frankincense and Lime, in a roller blend and the diffuser for my boys when they are not feeling the best and need respiratory support.
- If you are needing mental clarity and a “wake me up”, apply 1-2 drops in the palms of your hands, rub together and cup around your nose and breathe in and out deeply a few times.
- Make your own home made vapor rub, with you knowing everything that had gone into it. #mumwin!
- Is head tension getting you down? Apply 1-2 drops of Peppermint in the palms of your hands, rub together and cup your hands around your nose and breathe in and out a few times. Then rub your hands down the back of your neck and into your temples (be careful not to touch your eyes).
- I like to use Peppermint around my home to deter any rodents and insects. A few drops each on cotton balls and then placed around where I need them.
- Do you feel a bit icky during car trips? Take off the lid of your Peppermint and breathe in the aroma, straight from the bottle.
- Peppermint Chocolate Brownies are my all time favourite sweet treat. Next time you bake them, add in 1-2 drops of Peppermint oil. Delish!
- Use Peppermint first thing in the morning as your “energy jolt” to wake yourself up and be ready for your daily tasks.
- Apply 1 drop to your toe and fingernails to promote healthy nail growth.
- I make homemade baby wipes using 5 drops of Tea Tree and 5 drops of Lavender with 1 tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil, 1 tablespoon of Castille Soap and 2 cups of water. This saves my family $800 a year in baby wipes!!
- Tea Tree is amazing for skin irritations as it is cleansing and purifying. I would know being a mum of two boys.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- This makes a great and inexpensive household cleaner. Just add 8-10 drops to a glass or stainless steel spray bottle and water and you are good to go.
- The tummy tamer oil. When you or any of your family members have jelly belly, apply 1-2 drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into the stomach area.
- When my husband or I have eaten something that does not agree with us, we take 1-2 drops of DigestZen in our water to help ease our discomfort.
- Traveling overseas? Make sure to take DigestZen with you, just in case you eat something that may be unpleasant later.
- A little oil hack…when I find I have sinus discomfort, I swipe 1 drop of DigestZen over the bridge of my nose to relieve my stuffiness.
- Buy a car diffuser for those car trips that you know are going to be a bumpy ride. Diffuse 2-3 drops to create a pleasing environment.
- Stinky central! Neutralize odors in your home by diffusing Lemon.
- I am a mum to two toddlers so Lemon is my savior when it comes to sticky gunk, crayons, and permanent marker. A few drops of Lemon onto a clean cloth has those marks coming right off!!
- Diffuse with Peppermint to help create a focused and awake environment.
- Do you love buying fruits and vegetables? Use Lemon to give them a wash. Just add your items to a glass or stainless steel bowl, add some water and a few drops of Lemon and let soak for 15 minutes. Rinse and you have clean fruit and vegetables with all the nasties taken away that may have been left on top.
- Make your own window cleaner with 5-10 drops of Lemon and add in vinegar in a glass or stainless spray bottle and you are all set!
- For my family, I have nicknamed this oil the “Superman” for when we are not feeling the best. This goes into a blend for my husband, myself and our boys. Only use for a max of 7 days though to give your body a break.
- Take your pasta dishes to the next level with 1 drop of Oregano oil mixed in.
- Add 10 drops of Oregano with water to a glass or stainless steel spray bottle to make a quick and easy surface spray.
- Is a powerful purifying and cleansing agent.
- Oregano is a hot oil so please make sure to always properly diluted.
- I diffuse On Guard at least once a day, especially after school, to help support my family’s overall health.
- Do you get a tickle in your throat? Try adding 1-2 drops of On Guard, 1-2 drops of Lemon, honey and warm water in a cup as a Food Additive and drink.
- Try soaking your toothbrushes in a glass of On Guard and water to help ward off anything that may be lurking on the bristles.
- Make your own All-Purpose household spray. Add 5-10 drops of On Guard with water in a glass or stainless steel spray bottle and spray over your bench tops, door knobs, cupboards and more.
- My husband and use On Guard daily to help stay one step ahead of anything that may be going around.
- Frankincense…The King of Oils…the one oil every home should have! When in doubt, use Frankincense.
- Help calm your farm and create a relaxed environment by diffusing or applying topically to your wrists and feet.
- If you are needing support with skin irritations then Frankincense is your answer. Apply in a carrier oil to the areas where needed most.
- Take 1-2 drops as a Food Additive to support overall health.
- An amazing oil for clear breathing when combined with Easy Air.